Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I.Really.Enjoyed.The.Curious.Case.Of.Benjamin.Button.

The movie captured the story in a beautiful way. I agree with Randy Bandit, the cinematography and special graphics was great. It really added to the story. I enjoyed watching Benjamin evolve over the years and I sort of felt attached to him and sorry for him at the same time. At first, I thought it was wild how ugly they made Benjamin looked in the beginning of the movie. He looked nasty and I definitely did not expect for his father to give him away in the manner that he did.

I also found it interesting how Henson's character served as his motherly figure and I often felt sorry for her because she had to add another dimension to her life filled of nurturing. I felt like she already had a lot on her plate (taking care of all of those older people) and I didn't necessarily want her to take on Benjamin simply because of all of the extra care he needed. Although I found myself being selfish on her behalf, I grew attached to her character because of her nurturing spirit.

I thought it was hilarious how the director gave humor to the elderly man who got struck by lightening numerous times in his life. It added a light and totally random element to the movie in which I enjoyed.

I could go on and on reflecting on all of the different parts of the movie that I enjoyed but I won't. If I could chose one element that made the movie great it would definitely be in cinematography (like I stated above). I enjoyed the dialogue but the way the picture the movie was shot in and the graphics that depicted Benjamin's physical being were spectacular. I have never seen a movie done in this way and not look cheap and unbelievable.

This movie is definitely one that everyone will enjoy and leave with an emotional attachment to the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment