Sunday, March 22, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire.

I thought Slumdog Millionaire was a phenomenal movie!

I found myself getting caught up with the story. Jumping and at times shrieking at the way people got killed or punished by authority.

The cinematography was great! The camera angles and the dim/dusty look allowed for viewers to feel really take in the look of the slums in India. The fact that the movie was centered around the questions from the TV show, Who Wants to be a Millionaire was interesting. I was able to follow it and I thought it was a nice way to tell Jamal's story.

I do agree with Phill Boogie in the sense that they should have added a part to the movie to allow viewers to grow closer to the actual relationship between Jamal and Latika. I felt for these characters and really wanted them to fulfill their destiny to be together but I do feel like the directors should have just added something around the scene where Jamal allowed Latika to get out of the rain and sleep under whatever it was that they were sleeping under. I think that would have allowed viewers to have an understanding as to why Jamal desperately wanted to find Latika instead of him randomly asking Salim about him or searching the streets for her.

I felt the children who played Jamal, Salim and Latika were adorable and great actors...to the point where when they got older I wanted them to stay younger. Overall, I thought the movie was very moving and humorous. I would definitely recommend everyone to see this movie and buy it when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment